Yangon is a melting pot and enjoys a diversity of cultures and communities in terms of people, settlement and religions. Because it serves as the country's main entrance and seaport, it is also the country’s centre of business.
DURATION : 09:00 – 18:00 hrs
Yangon City Tour
9 hrs (09:00 – 18:00 hrs)
• 09:00 hours, start with a visit to Chauk Htat Kyi Pagoda to see a huge reclining Buddha image.
• Continue to the National Museum (if open) and see the famous Lion Throne and Royal Regalia.
• Drive through the colonial style buildings downtown, the Chinatown area and the Indian quarter and past Sule Pagoda with its golden chedi, which makes a useful landmark in downtown Yangon.
• A stop at Bogyoke (Scott) Market (closed on Public Holidays) gives you the opportunity to see Myanmar's wide range of handicrafts.
• Enjoy an excellent Myanmar lunch at Green Elephant Restaurant.
• After lunch, visit Yangon's unique Glass Factory, which has changed very little over the years.
• See skilled craftsmen hand-blowing glass and creating original glassware which is sold to hotels and restaurants all over Myanmar.
• Stop alongside Kandawgyi Lake to take photographs over the lake towards Shwedagon.
• Enjoy the sunset at Shwedagon Pagoda, famous worldwide - its golden stupa is the 'heart' of Buddhist Myanmar. The Pagoda is believed to be 2,500 years old and the central stupa in surrounded by dozens of intricately decorated buildings and statues. There are always many Myanmar people praying and making offerings at Shwedagon, and it's a fascinating place to spend time watching the world go by.
• Return to hotel at 18:00 hours
Tour Departure: Daily from Yangon hotels
Duration (approximate): 09:00 – 18:00 hrs.
Transfer from/to hotel included YES
Meals included Lunch
Seat-in-coach Tour NO
Private Tour Minimum 1 person
Language All major foreign languages.