• Visit Kaba Aye (World Peace Pagoda) and Mahapasana Guha Cave, where the Sixth Buddhist Council took place and the National Museum with an 8-meter-high Golden Lion Throne and Mandalay Royal Regalia.
• Continue to the riverside Botataung Pagoda and to Yangon's oldest Chinese temple.
• Lunch at Monsoon Restaurant.
• Departure to Twante. Located on the other side of the Yangon River, Twante village has very much retained its original character. We will take a local taxi to the jetty and take a local ferry across the river.
• Once across, a one hour drive by local taxi will take us to Twante. The road is extremely bumpy and you should be prepared for an uncomfortable yet very interesting ride, which provides a glimpse of life on and along the famous Twante Canal.
• After a visit to Shwesandaw Pagoda we can take a trishaw to the pottery area where a large part of the population in Twante is engaged in production pottery. Walking through the many workshops where locals are busy molding pots, we will be able to observe this very traditional craft.
• Drive back to Yangon by local taxi and ferry.
• Local taxi from jetty back to the hotel at approx. 1830 hours.
DURATION : 08:30 – 17:00 hrs
Tour Departure: Daily from Yangon hotels
Duration (approximate): 08:30 – 17:00 hrs
Transfer from/to hotel included YES
Meals included Lunch
Seat-in-coach tour NO
Private Tour Minimum 1 person
Language All major foreign languages