Nam Ngum Lake – Full Day
9 hrs (08:00 – 17:30 hrs)
Drive north to visit the archaeological site of Vangxang. The name means Elephant Palace, a reference to an elephant graveyard found in the vicinity. The site, which consists of a cluster of 10 high relief Buddha sculptures on cliffs, is usually assigned to 11 century Mon provenance.
Continue to the Nam Ngum Lake and take boat ride (approx 2 hours) to explore the lush vegetation along the backwaters. After lunch at a local restaurant, drive to Ban Kheun and visit the zoo. Also make a stop on the return to Vientiane to observe the salt extraction process.
Tour departure: Daily from Vientiane hotels
Duration (approximate): 08:00 – 17:30 hrs
(dependant on season & weather)
Transfer from/to hotel included YES
Meals included YES – (Lunch)
Seat-in-coach tour NO
Private tour Minimum 1 people
Language English, French
- Transportation from/to hotels in Vientiane.
- Local English speaking guide.
- Admission fee as mentioned on this program.
- Meal 1 Lunch
- Personal expenses such as cell phone, drinks, tip etc.
- Other service not mentioned on this program.
- French, German or Spanish speaking guides are subject to a supplement.