Kompong Phluk Village, the Flooded Forest
08:00-13:30 hrs & 13:00-18:30 hrs
Drive to the fishing village of Chhong Kneas near Siem Reap and board a private boat. Visit the floating village and discover the centuries-old lifestyle of the inhabitants of the lake. Enjoy the natural splendor of the country during a cruise across the Tonle Sap Lake to the village of Kompong Pluk. Visit Kompong Pluk village with its houses standing on stilts and board a pirogue to discover the seasonally flooded forest. Return to Siem Reap port and drive back to Siem Reap.
Note: From August to January the water level is still high enough to flood the forest surrounding the Tonle Sap Lake. For the remainder of the year you will not see a flooded forest but the houses of the village will appear as like standing on gigantic stilts which makes a visit to this village worthwhile all year round.
Tour departure: Daily
Duration (approximate): 08:00-13:30 hrs
Transfer from/to hotel included YES
Meals included N/A
Seat-in-coach tour N/A
Private tour Minimum 1 person
Language All major foreign languages
A tour requires a minimum of two people.
Children less than 12 years old are applicable for child rates.
A maximum of four children are illegible for a discount per group.
- Transportation in air-conditioned car/van/coach.
- Transfer from/to hotel.
- Meals as mentioned in itineraries, food only.
- Entrance fees, boat fees, cyclo fees as detailed in the programs.
- English, German or French speaking local guides.
- Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and Russian speaking guides can also be arranged at additional cost (subject to availability).
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips.
- Other service not mentioned on this program.