Duration: Half day (Start and finish trip at your hotel or guesthouse in Siem Reap)
Time Table: Morning trip : 08:00-11:00 hrs
Afternoon trip : 13:00-17:00 hrs
- learn and discover to Khmer silk in Silk Farm, the school of silk handmade .
- see and shop with freedom choice at Les Artisans d?Angkor - Chantiers Ecoles, school of caving.
- enjoy rural countryside outside busy town of Siem Reap, Angkor
What are include?
- transport used: car
- local English speaking tour guide
- entrance fee & sightseeing
What are exclude?
- meals as not mention in the program which cost will be 6 US$ to 8 US$ per person per each time
- drink or beer by own account with cost about 1 US$ to 2.5 US$ per bottle of beer
- other personal expense
Group size: Minimum 2 persons, Maximum 8 persons
Pick up and welcome at your hotel by GrandViet Tour's guide, start to visit the school of the Chantiers Ecoles. Since 1992, this artisan group who helps to reinsert into the workforce young rural Khmer has become a powerful developing tool for the surrounding villages. Les Artisans d'Angkor is sponsored by the European program REPLIC and is also supported by the government of Cambodia. See the work of the trainees who learn the art of stone carving, wood ornamental sculpture, the making of small furniture, the art of lacquer and polychromy. Observe the various training methods and view completed projects. Drive from Siem Reap to the district of Puok to the Silk Farm. Learn the different stages of the complex process of producing handmade silk, including the growing of the mulberry trees, silk worm breeding, and training in the ancient craft of silk dyeing and weaving. Return to Siem Reap.