Bird watching journeys
Duration: full day tour (Start and finish trip at your hotel or guesthouse in Siem Reap)
Time Table: Morning trip : 08:00-18:00 hrs
- see the floating village and discover the centuries-old lifestyle of the inhabitants of the lake
- Enjoy the natural splendor of the country during a cruise across the Tonle Sap Lake. Enjoy bird watching in the Bird Sanctuary. Discover the incredible variety of water birds
What are include?
- transport used: car, boat trip
- local English speaking tour guide
- entrance fee & sightseeing, 1 Meal and soft drink.
What are exclude?
- meals as not mention in the program which cost will be 6 US$ to 8 US$ per person per each time
- drink or beer by own account with cost about 1 US$ to 2.5 US$ per bottle of beer
- other personal expense
Group size: Minimum 2 persons, Maximum 8 persons
Pick up and welcome at your hotel by GrandViet Tour's guide and drive to the fishing village of Chhong Kneas near Siem Reap and board a private boat. Cruise through the fishing villages of the Tonle Sap to the Biosphere Reserve of Prek Tuol: Discover the natural splendor of the country as well as the centuries-old lifestyle of the inhabitants of the Lake. Visit Prek Tuol floating village and enjoy bird watching in the Bird Sanctuary. Discover the incredible variety of water birds, including endangered species such as storks, pelicans and ibises. Picnic lunch provided during the tour. Return to Siem Reap port and drive back to Siem Reap.
Note: The best time for visiting the Bird Sanctuary of Prek Tuol is from December to March. From April to June, birds are still numerous, but the lake level is so low that it may hinder the boat. Later, as the water level rises, most of the birds scatter away.