5 Days Golden Triangle Tour
Day 1 Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Chiang Saen
Pick up at the meeting places then transfer to the airport. Depart Bangkok by flight (06:30 - 07:40) to Chiang Mai. Transfer to Chiang Rai via Wiang Pa Pao. Short break at a Karen village and the Hot Springs. Lunch in Chiang Rai. Continue to Chiang Saen, the former capital of the first Thai Lanna Kingdom. Visit Wat Phra Dhat Jom Kitti at the top of the hill. Continue by long-tailed speedboat on the Mekong River towards the Golden Triangle. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 Chiang Saen - Doi Mae Salong - Mae Sai - Chiang Rai
After Breakfast, depart from Chiang Saen to Mae Sai, the northern-most point of Thailand. In the border town, visit a Jade Cutting Factory and the colorful market. Visit the Fish and Monkey Cave. Proceed to Doi Mae Salong. The view from the top takes in a large part of Thailand, Burma and the Mekong Valley. After lunch, visit Akha, Yao and Lisu Tribes. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 Chiang Rai - Thatorn
After Breakfast, transfer to the boat pier. Board a simple long-tailed motorboats on the Kok River. Further upriver, visit a Lahu hill tribe village. The last stop in the morning is the village of Ban Pha Tai. Lunch at restaurant. Travel by bus to Mae Rim via Fang and Chiang Dao. BBQ dinner with Meo dances and songs. Overnight at hotel.
Day 4 Hmong Hilltribe Lodge - Chiang Mai
After Breakfast, visit the elephant camp in Mae Saa. Continue to visit an Orchid Farm. After lunch, you will visit various Handicraft Villages, where you can watch the artisans at work. Visit a well known Thai wood carving factory.
In the evening enjoy a typical Kantoke dinner with traditional dances from Northern Thailand. Overnight at Empress Chiang Mai Hotel.
Day 5 Chiang Mai – Bangkok
After Breakfast, visit Wat Phra Singh with its famous Buddha image, the Hill tribe museum and Wat Doi Suthep. The temple is reached by climbing 290 stages. After transfer to Chiang Mai Airport). Upon arrival, transfer to hotel in Bangkok.
Minimum 2 Pax
Join tour requires a minimum of two people and departure every Tuesday & Sunday.
Excluded domestic airfares.
Child rates are applicable for 1 child between 2 - 11 year if accompanied by 2 full paying passenger.
- Transfers and tours by air-conditioned van / coach with bi-lingual English-speaking guide.
- Entrance fees, boat fees.
- Meals as on mentioned program
- Accommodation in air-conditioned room with shower/bath (non-air conditioned room with shower at Hmong Hill tribe Lodge).
- Meals other than those stated as included
- All items of a personal nature such as phone calls, tips for personal services, etc.
- Optional tours.
- Domestic air-tickets. Domestic air tickets will be issued by our tour operator and charged for separately.
- Departure every Tuesday and Sunday
- Child rates are applicable for 1 child between 2 - 11 year if accompanied by 2 full paying passenger.
- Join tour min.2 persons departure.